Monday, April 4, 2011

100 Days Until Haiti

In 100 days, I'll be arriving in Montrouis, Haiti. This is an exciting countdown to begin!

I have my trusty black Sharpie dangling next to free calendar advertising for some anonymous insurance company. I'm looking forward to marking a big, fat X on the days as they pass.

Tonight, I'll be hanging out with my Young Life kids from Woodlawn High School. Many of them are also in the midst of fundraising for YL summer camp. When the financial side of missions becomes stressful, they're the best reminder that in the end, all is provided.

From what I remember of the orphanage renovation I participated in with Crosspoint Community Church while I was in high school, the fundraising was tedious and discouraging at that age. But the friendships I still have are testimonies to the experience: It's so worth it to have the opportunity to serve.

Today's post is brief to make time for some studying (the end of the semester and final exams are creeping up). For now, here's another fundraising update. Thanks again for your support!

fundraising$580 down! Please see my previous post about tax-deductible donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment